Types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Postal address (including shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- IP address
- Bank account information or financial account information (e.g., when you make donations or contract for services rendered by CRSI)
Activities that involve collecting personal information include:
- To provide you with requested services and support
- To respond to your inquiries
- To execute research projects
- To complete your donation transactions, verify your information, and provide you with related services and support
- To send you CRSI research products and publications
- To send you invitations to CRSI events, such as seminars or workshops
We have access to such information only if you choose to share with us either directly, by e-mail or by filling out and submitting any information that may be available on the site. We do not and will not sell information about users of the site to third parties. Nor do we share such information except as described below.
In certain instances, we may share personal information to select third parties as necessary to execute CRSI’s mission and provision of services. Potential third parties can include think tanks, non-profit organizations, and government entities. This information is shared pursuant to research partnerships, co-sponsored publications, and events or similar activities. We may also contract with nonaffiliated companies to perform services for us. Only when necessary will we disclose information we have about you to these third parties. In all such cases, we provide the third party with only the information necessary to carry out its assigned responsibilities and only for that purpose. We require these third parties to treat your private information with the same degree of confidentiality that we do.